The article states, "Since the introduction of colorful, single-load packets of laundry detergent in 2012 through the end of 2013, more than 17,000 children under age 6 ate or inhaled the contents or squirted concentrated liquid from a packet into their eyes, researchers reported Monday." The article goes on to state that 2 children have actually died because of this. These statistics are causing concern among parents of young children and health officials who are calling for a safer product and a safer method to store it that is child proof. With these pods looking like toys or candy, it is very easy for children to mistake them for such and ingest one or squeeze its contents into their eyes. It is important for consumers to take precaution if purchasing these products and it is equally important that manufacturers of these products take notice and ensure the safety of their consumers.
To read this piece in its entirety follow the link: