Listed below are the 5 vitamins from Search Home Remedies, and why they are so beneficial to your eyes. We have also included what foods are high in these vitamins so you can get your fill!
- Vitamin A plays a big role in retina health, while also maintaining fluid level in the eye. Vitamin A is also important for pigment formation in the retina. (Sweet Potato, Carrots, Kale, Squash, etc.)
- Vitamin D helps reduce the risk of eyes being affected by Macular Degeneration. (Fish, Mushrooms, Tofu, Pork, Dairy, etc.)
- Beta-Carotene helps slow down age related degeneration of cells of the eye. (Carrots, Sweet Red Peppers, Broccoli, etc.)
- Vitamin C helps promote healthy cells in the eye, and can delay the onset of cataract by almost 10 years. (Peppers, Kiwi, Berries, Citrus Fruits, etc.)
- Vitamin B2 in combination with other nutrients play a large role in preventing cataracts. It also helps strengthen the cornea of the eye. (Cheese, Almonds, Beef, Oily Fish, Spinach, etc.)